POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dodgy Wine Glass : Re: Dodgy Wine Glass Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dodgy Wine Glass
From: Warp
Date: 6 Dec 2005 04:48:05
Message: <43955e54@news.povray.org>
nzdzeni <nzd### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Thanks for the sturm tip.  It gets rid of the noise beautifully but the
> shadow of the glass is still wrong.  This bothers me a lot as the shadow
> should match the image that casts it.

  Well, that shadow isn't physically accurate anyways. If you want
something more close to reality you'll have to use photons.
  OTOH your glass isn't physically correct either (and because of this
simply adding photons won't get a correct result): It's made of
solid glass (the "open" keyword doesn't really change this). A real-life
glass has an outer and an inner surface.
  The best way to model a wineglass is using a lathe instead of a sor,
and model the inner surface too.

--
                                                          - Warp