POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov64 - linux advice wanted please! : Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:32:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please!
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 5 Dec 2005 13:00:19
Message: <43948033@news.povray.org>
> Switching between on a single system?

	Yes (home computer*) especially since I finally got to install
a second hard drive for linux only.  Booting either system is a matter
of ~15 (Windows) and 20** (Linux) seconds on my not-so-fast computer...
I can afford doing that every once in a while per day  :-)

> Well if one is used very rarely (i'd say less than 5% of the time) this
> might work.  It appears to me that this might be so in your case.

	Not really -- it's amazing how much I like to watch DVDs  ;-)
	In fact it's nowadays pretty close to fifty-fifty.

	- NC

  * at work: 100% Linux without dual boot;
    laptop : 100% Windows (for "safety" wrt drivers) with Cygwin/Mingw.
** to the Linux console on a Knoppix-derived distro with self-compiled
    kernel and modules; X/KDE takes almost 10 seconds more to start up.