POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov64 - linux advice wanted please! : Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please!
From: Tek
Date: 5 Dec 2005 01:52:25
Message: <4393e3a9@news.povray.org>
Oh... so that's what live-cd means, cool!

Thanks, I think I have a plan:
1/ look at the websites everyone mentioned, narrow it down to 3-4 distros.
Including Suse since it seems to be the only one mentioned by more than 1
person!
2/ download live-cd versions and have a play around to learn what the
differences are.
3/ pick the best, or get more live-cd versions if I don't like any of them.

I'll post here to let you know the result (with xmas and the current IRTC
round I won't have much time to evaluate linux distros so it'll be a few
weeks ).

Thanks everyone!
--
Tek