POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using images as diffuse maps : Re: Using images as diffuse maps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using images as diffuse maps
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 4 Dec 2005 13:51:54
Message: <43933aca$1@news.povray.org>
ZainAnak wrote:

> Well, for certain technical reasons, it's much easier for me to use image
> maps for the whole runway than to model out the white painted parts, dark
> asphalt parts, etc.  The problem is, when it comes time to light with
> sunlight, I can't keep the darks dark and the whites white.  It's usually

One way to try could be modeling the dark asphalt with eg. a box, then
model the white parts with using the photo to create a heightfield,
translating or intersectioning it to raise eg 0.01 over the asphalt and
be visible of that part.

One other way (which should be preferred IMO) would be creating the
looping parts with a macro.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net