POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov64 - linux advice wanted please! : Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:34:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please!
From: Tek
Date: 3 Dec 2005 14:53:31
Message: <4391f7bb@news.povray.org>
Oh thanks for the link, it's all a matter of choosing the right words to
google for :) That's a big help.

I guess my biggest problem is I don't know how I'm going to use it. I
suspect what I want is to switch to linux for rendering and text editing pov
files, and use windows for everything else. But of course if I get a distro
of linux which gives me a nice way to do regular computing then I might use
it exclusively and leave windows alone. I don't know what I want to use it
for and I don't know how to figure that out except by talking to people who
already use linux for pov.

Anyway, that link should help me understand /how/ to choose a distro. Even
if I still don't know what I want! :)

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com