POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov64 - linux advice wanted please! : Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please!
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 3 Dec 2005 06:49:59
Message: <43918667$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   The point is that they are not all that different. A regular user would
> not even notice a difference (assuming the same window manager is used).
>   I recommended Suse because my experiences about its hardware support
> have been very positive.
>
>   Reminds me of http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=19990303

Have to comment that if he could not see the difference between Debian
and Red Hat back at 1999, he definedly won't see them between Red Hat
and SuSE :).

Mostly the apt-get vs. rpmhell -thingie back then. Nowadays RH (Fedora)
also has it's own top-level package tools AFAIK.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net