POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Render Resolution Stretches Image : Re: Render Resolution Stretches Image Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render Resolution Stretches Image
From: Warp
Date: 26 Nov 2005 05:59:00
Message: <43883ff3@news.povray.org>
the_ajj <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > Roman Reiner <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> > > the simpliest solution is always to use
> >
> > > right x*(image_width/image_height)
> >
> >   I would recommend against *always* using that. There are several reasons:
> >

> So if i do not use the 'right' camera function, which warp is saying never
> to use, how can i get my image unstretched in 1280x1024???

  No, you misunderstood me.

  I didn't recommend against using 'right'. I recommended against using
'right x*(image_width/image_height)'.

  If you use the latter, the aspect ratio of the camera will automatically
be set according to your rendering resolution (assuming square pixels).
image_width and image_height are povray keywords which value are deducible
from their names. The reasons why I recommend against this automatic
aspect ratio settings are the ones I described.

  If you want a correct aspect ratio (for square pixels) in a 1280x1024
image, use:

right x*1280/1024

as the first line of your camera settings.

--
                                                          - Warp