POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Radiosity with glass : Re: Radiosity with glass Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity with glass
From: Sebastian H
Date: 24 Nov 2005 05:45:36
Message: <438599d0$1@news.povray.org>
Legio wrote:
> Hi All
>
> This is my first article in POV news and first of all sorry for my english
> mistakes.
> I didn't check all news entries about my problem (may be there is answer for
> my problem in news).
> So the problem:
> If I use RADIOSITY with glass material I got always (smaller or biger) gray
> patches.
> If I don't use glass result is correct.
> What do I wrong?
> In attachement I used sample from original POV-ray and I've changed two
> objects material to glass.
> Red circles show differences.(I cloud post image into povray.binaries.images
> with same subject)

I'm not completely sure since I never used glass objects with radiosity.
But the black sparkle to be seen at the bottom of the glass object
seem to come from the underlying plane *touching* the bottom of the
glass (coplanar surfaces error). Lifting the glass object a tiny bit
(like 1% or less) may help to *disconnect* both objects.

Sebastian