POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Beta version 10 of 3.7 Expiring EXE? : Re: Beta version 10 of 3.7 Expiring EXE? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta version 10 of 3.7 Expiring EXE?
From: Warp
Date: 19 Nov 2005 03:12:30
Message: <437ede6d@news.povray.org>
_dave <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> So what on earth is going on? Why have a beta expire at all? And if you do
> have a beta that expires, why is it still available for download? this
> doesn't make sense to me, someone please explain it.

  Please be patient. The developers are overworked (probably also with
other things besides POV-Ray) and deadlines are sometimes not met. It's
sometimes just not possible to even publish some kind of "current" version
of the beta because it may be currently inoperative due to incomplete
changes being done.
  While it probably would be nicer to put a "sorry, not available at this
time, check in a couple of days" message to the download page, please
understand the pressure the developers are going through.

--
                                                          - Warp