POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to draw 1000 particles in 3D box... : Re: How to draw 1000 particles in 3D box... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to draw 1000 particles in 3D box...
From: Slime
Date: 18 Nov 2005 23:30:28
Message: <437eaa64@news.povray.org>
> I like to draw spheres of 1000 in 3D box. Is it possible with POV-ray?

Yes.

> I have 3-dimensional positions of spheres.

If you already have their positions, your best bet is to write them out to a
text file in a format like

(comma separated vectors). Then you can use the #fopen and #read directives
(look them up in the documentation for details) to read and use the given
positions.

If randomly generated positions will do, that would be easier as you don't
need to use an external file.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]