POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with textures and alpha channels... : Re: Problems with textures and alpha channels... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with textures and alpha channels...
From: Alain
Date: 13 Nov 2005 17:30:17
Message: <4377be79$1@news.povray.org>
Shark nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-11-13 13:43:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get the gold textures in "golds.inc" to work when I have alpha
> set to on in the INI file. Unfortunately, the textures end up appearing
> really dull in the output. I was wondering if ayone could help.
> Shark

Have you tried to remove the ambient from those textures? I think that they looks
better that way.
Try using another colour for the background. It get replaced by transparent but still
show in
reflections.

--
Alain
AAAAAA: American Association Against Acronym Abuse and Ambiguity.