POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : christmas competition? : Re: christmas competition? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:13:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: christmas competition?
From: Chris Cason
Date: 12 Nov 2005 12:50:07
Message: <43762b4f@news.povray.org>
Paul Bourke wrote:
> Well, christmas is approaching .... lots of time to devote to creativity ....
> who out there thinks it's time for another fun POVray competition? If you do
> then the harder question is obviously "what sort of competition?".
> ps: I'm offering to run/manage it.

Hi Paul,

I don't know if my following suggestion could be considered 'fun' or worthy
of a competition, but http://www.povray.org/temp/xmascard.jpg was always a
favourite of mine. I'd be happy to see some more renderings along this line,
done using more of POV-Ray's modern features (the origin of the above scene
goes back to our Compuserve days!)

Winner can go into the HOF and the top 10 or so I'll put in rotation on the
front page in place of the existing HOF images for the Christmas period
(let's say December 15 through January 5 or so).

Is this something that would interest ?

-- Chris