POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POVRay thesis : Re: POVRay thesis Server Time
6 May 2024 20:31:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay thesis
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 4 Nov 2005 07:23:50
Message: <436b52d6$1@news.povray.org>
A Large Negro wrote:

> In order to do this, I would need the source code for version 3.7.
> Since 3.6 does not support multiprocessor systems. What would be
> required of me to get the 3.7 source code? Thank you.
>
> Scott Holland
> sah### [at] csappstateedu

In short, until 3.7 is out of the beta phase and the source is cleaned
up, it's a no-go. Your only choice is to wait or find a way to adapt 3.6
to work with multiple processors.

At least, this is the stance the POV-Team has taken for a number of
reasons and I don't know that they're willing to make an exception.
--
~Mike

Things! Billions of them!