POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ringworld re-re-revisited : Re: Ringworld re-re-revisited Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:40:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ringworld re-re-revisited
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Oct 2005 09:27:23
Message: <436378bb@news.povray.org>
"David Buck" <dav### [at] simberoncom> schreef in bericht

> I've run into problems like this before.  POVRay is designed for
> rendering scenes of "normal" sizes where "normal" is in the range of
> arount 100,000 units from the origin.

Would more scaling down help? My model has currently a radius of 95,000 pov
units, but also translated 95,000 units to keep the camera near the origin.
It is possible to scale everything down more of course, without changing the
aspect of the scene...

Thomas