POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Will POV v4.0 still run on older systems? : Re: Will POV v4.0 still run on older systems? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:53:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Will POV v4.0 still run on older systems?
From: Alain
Date: 25 Oct 2005 10:28:56
Message: <435e4128$1@news.povray.org>
Kenneth nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-10-25 02:18:
> I see that POV v4.0, when it arrives, will be beefed up to work with some
> kind of 64-bit architecture (which I admittedly know next to nothing
> about.)  Will it still run on "older," 32-bit versions of Windows, like
> my Windows 98SE / Pentium II combo?
>
> Ken

A 64 bit version will only run if you have a 64 bits CPU and you are using a 64 bits
OS.
A 32 bit version will run in a 64 bit environment.
Don't hold your breath waiting for V4.0! Nobody even started working on it.

--
Alain
An optimist is someone who thinks the future is uncertain.