POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trace question : Re: Trace question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trace question
From: Warp
Date: 22 Oct 2005 04:07:43
Message: <4359f34f@news.povray.org>
Anthony D. Baye <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> Is there any way to make my macro take into account the objects
> it's already placed on the surface, such that there would not be any
> overlaps?

  Generic collision detection is almost impossible.

  However, you can make it so that if the distance between the new object
to be placed to any of the other objects is smaller than a certain distance,
you don't place the object there.
  This, of course, requires that you keep the locations of the objects
in an array and you make the check using that.

--
                                                          - Warp