POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Can't get Moray working with MegaPOV : Re: Can't get Moray working with MegaPOV Server Time
15 May 2024 04:27:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't get Moray working with MegaPOV
From: StephenS
Date: 20 Oct 2005 19:53:35
Message: <43582dff@news.povray.org>
> Alright well I just tried again and managed to get a sphere to render with
> Solid Colour as the texture (for some reason Moray loads this
automatically
> into the list of textures in every new file).
When Moray is first installed, the default is to load the file
MorayStart.mdl on startup as well as to use this file as the biases for any
new file. This can be changed. T_Solid_Colour is part of MorayStart.mdl

>  I also tried a sphere, cube,
> and torus all at the same time (after the programs crashed again), and got
> them all to render together.  Here are the catches though:
> 1.  Even though that scene rendered, if I tried to render that same scene
> without changing a single thing, just clicking the render button again,
the
> programs crashed.
> 2.  If I tried using my own texture, even if just a basic solid green with
> no finish or anything, crash.  If fact, if I used any colour other than
the
> T Solid Colour...
>
> I had to save the mdl file that rendered sucessfully in order to get it to
> render, since Moray won't allow a scene to be rendered without saving, so
> it's weird that the same saved file will then crash the programs when
> nothing has been altered.
Do you have any plugins installed? (including the animation plugin that came
with Moray)
Do you start POV-Ray/Megapov first and minimize it, then start Moray?
Do you point Moray to the correct renderer? (pvengine.exe/mpengine.exe)
What operating system are you using? Computer specs?

> When you suggested posting this in the Moray forums, did you mean on this
> support community?  I have not come across any Moray forums elsewhere.
Yes. Can be found at news.povray.org or with the web interface, search the
www.povray.org site.

Stephen