POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Nonuniform data to povray mesh-type object : Nonuniform data to povray mesh-type object Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Nonuniform data to povray mesh-type object
From: TJ Giese
Date: 19 Oct 2005 14:04:49
Message: <43568ac1$1@news.povray.org>
I have a bunch of data living on a nonuniform mesh.
Meaning, more specifically, I have an electron density that lives on a Gauss-Laguerre
radial and Lebdeev angular quadrature grid points.
I would like to choose some isodensity surface and render an image of it in povray.
Having looked over the documentation for a povray mesh object, I don't immediately see
a simple algorithm that I can use that would
transform my data into something that povray can use.  If all I wanted was to view the
density, perhaps there's something better
than a mesh object that I could use, however, I eventually want to create a
well-defined surface and color map it with the electrostatic
potential... so I'm pretty sure I want to use a mesh.

My question(s)
1. Does pov-ray include any sort of ability for transforming nonuniform data into a
mesh object?
2. If not, does there already exist some open-source utility for performing this task?
3. If not, do you have any ideas of how one should go about performing this task?

Thanks in advance