POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.beta.10 available. : Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.10 available. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:29:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.10 available.
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 19 Oct 2005 10:00:38
Message: <43565186$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:

>   Whilst currently not supported, it is entirely possible to separate the front
>   and back ends via for example a network interface, and have the render done
>   on one machine while the user interface (and display) is on another. Knowing

Why did I just have visions of having a whole rack of 4-way SMP machines
running some of the more complex renders.

So, is this to say that POV-Ray will "officially" support clusters? Or
are you saying this opens the door for the developer community to create
a patch to do so, such as a form of POV-Ray that would work seamlessly
with IMP, for example?
--
~Mike

Things! Billions of them!