POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Granular Media : Granular Media Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Granular Media
From: Bryan Heit
Date: 18 Oct 2005 16:48:50
Message: <43555fb2$1@news.povray.org>
I am trying to design a scene wherein a cell (like the ones in our body)
is filled with granular cytoplasm.  I managed to achieve this effect by
filling the interior of the cell with hundreds of small spheres.
However, this is a lot of work, and makes rendering quite slow.  I was
wondering if there was a way to setup media or interior commands which
create granular media - i.e. media with large particles, rather then the
small fog-like particles.

I read through the media tutorial and help files, but couldn't find
anything close to this.

Thanx in advance

Bryan