POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : viewing frustum prediction : Re: viewing frustum prediction Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: viewing frustum prediction
From: Slime
Date: 13 Oct 2005 17:02:58
Message: <434ecb82$1@news.povray.org>
> Is there a way of determining whether an object is within the viewing
> frustum?

One thing I've done in the past is used screen.inc to create a "screen
plane" - a flat box in front of the camera. Then, by using trace() with this
screen plane from a point to the camera's position, I can determine if the
point is within the camera's viewing frustrum by whether the object is
intersected or not.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]