POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blog article on POVRay : Re: Blog article on POVRay Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blog article on POVRay
From: David Buck
Date: 12 Oct 2005 15:22:05
Message: <434d625d@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> David Buck wrote:
> And that organic nature reaches beyond the program development to
> suffuse the entire POVer phenonmenum: the nature of the community, the
> applications for which the program is used, the nature of the artwork
> produced, the spirit with which it is promoted.
>
> You are rightly proud.
>
> My involvement with the program, the contest, the newsgroups has lead to
> many insights and much enjoyment.  It really cannot be understated.
>
> Jim Charter

I sometimes wonder how many people use POVRay. I don't imagine we'd have
any way of finding out.

It might be cool some day to organize a POV conference to have people
actually meet each other.  We did that at one SIGGRAPH conference back
in 1992 in Chicago.  It was the first time I ever actually met Aaron
Collins along with a number of other POVRay users and developers.  It's
always strange meeting people you've communicated with by e-mail and
newsgroups but never actually saw in person.

David Buck