POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blog article on POVRay : Re: Blog article on POVRay Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:29:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blog article on POVRay
From: Jim Charter
Date: 12 Oct 2005 15:09:59
Message: <434d5f87$1@news.povray.org>
David Buck wrote:

> DKBTrace and POVRay are excellent examples of programs that were grown,
> not built.  It started from a small core and grew from there.  We didn't
> do a design of the complete system and build it from that.  I'm
> convinced that the organic growth technique works best.

And that organic nature reaches beyond the program development to
suffuse the entire POVer phenonmenum: the nature of the community, the
applications for which the program is used, the nature of the artwork
produced, the spirit with which it is promoted.

You are rightly proud.

My involvement with the program, the contest, the newsgroups has lead to
many insights and much enjoyment.  It really cannot be understated.

Jim Charter