POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cannot use patch in intersection : Re: cannot use patch in intersection Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cannot use patch in intersection
From: Alain
Date: 8 Oct 2005 18:21:11
Message: <43484657$1@news.povray.org>
Barehunter nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-10-07 07:04:
> Hello. I have recently started using a modelling program called Milkshape.
> This program exports to povray *.inc files by creating a #declared mesh of
> smooth_triangles. I made an object and exported it. In povray I used
> differences and intersetions to sepparate the object into 3 sections , each
> a different color. When I ran the render I got a bunch of warnings stating
> patch can't be used in Intersection. Yet the render ran normally and the
> object came out the way I wanted. Is there something I need to be concerned
> with? Will a future version of povray actually stop the render like what
> happens now if I forget a "{" somewhere?

If the intersection remove something from a patch, it's OK. If you have a difference
of an union
that include a patch, or a mesh, by something, you get that message.

--
Alain
Jehovah's Witnesses #3: Shit has been prophesied and is imminent; only the righteous