POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blog article on POVRay : Blog article on POVRay Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Blog article on POVRay
From: David Buck
Date: 7 Oct 2005 21:47:57
Message: <4347254d$1@news.povray.org>
After speaking to Aaron Collins today (Aaron helped me write DKBTrace
which was later used as the basis of POVRay), I wrote a blog article on
POVRay, its history, and its present state.

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/buck/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3306173249

To everyone in the POVRay community, I commend you.  POVRay is a
phenominal program and the quality of the images the POV artists make
with it is amazing.

In the early days of DKBTrace, I toyed with the idea of making it a
commercial product.  Making it freeware, however, has allowed it to
catch on and grow in ways I'd never imagined.  I couldn't begin to count
the number of people it has influenced and inspired.  I can only claim a
small part of the credit since I haven't been involved with the project
since about 1993.  The POVRay team and the community have made POVRay
what it is today.  It's still, however, a major source of pride for me.

Congratulations, everyone.

David (Kirk) Buck