POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Background Image : Re: Background Image Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Background Image
From: Rick Measham
Date: 5 Oct 2005 02:56:04
Message: <43437904$1@news.povray.org>
Skip Talbot wrote:
> By give some data... do you mean that you want the background image to
> show up for the entire render dimensions, despite having POV-Ray
> actually only render a smaller section of those dimensions?  If so, I
> don't think that's possible except by rendering in two passes and
> combining the images.   That's probably not of use to you though since
> I'd imagine you'd use that for quick test renders.

The problem is that if I set a start row, the resulting png is corrupt.
So I figured if there was a command-line, I could set it a blank png and
have it render the image over that.

On the other hand, I might want to just re-render a small portion of a
picture in which case I'd use the previous full-render as the background
and still end up with a proper png afterwards.

Now I'm probably missing something or going about things the wrong way,
but being able to start at some arbitrary row, I feel cheated that I
can't open the resulting file :)

Cheers!
Rick Measham