POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Halting Pretrace Render (and Saving the Image)? : Re: Halting Pretrace Render (and Saving the Image)? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Halting Pretrace Render (and Saving the Image)?
From: Alain
Date: 4 Oct 2005 11:20:42
Message: <43429dca$1@news.povray.org>
How Camp nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-10-04 08:13:
> When rendering an image with Radiosity, it would be beneficial to me
> (strangely enough) if I could save the image prior to the final trace.  Is
> there a way to halt rendering and simply save a given pretrace render?
>
> - How

Try adding save_file "file_name" in the radiosity block. This will save the data to
disk. That's
what is used in two pass renders.
The pretrace image is NOT saved to disk. You can do a screen capture (printn screen
key) and save
using just about any graphics application.

--
Alain
Mormonism: God sent us this shit.