POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Disable splash window : Re: Disable splash window Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disable splash window
From: Tim Cook
Date: 28 Sep 2005 04:03:40
Message: <433a4e5c$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> I would really appreciate if you'd not spread such misinformation.  You
> don't have to click on anything when starting POV-Ray and nearly every
> program i ever used on Windows shows a splash screen when starting.

I just started a render from Moray, and the splash screen comes up.  POV
was in fact running and rendering, but the splash screen was being
displayed.  It does not disappear until you click 'ok'.  Period.

I can't speak for which programs you use, but of the 10 programs I use
most often on this machine, let's see which ones have splash screens:
n - Notepad2 1.0.12
n - PuTTY 0.58
y - MS Excel 2000 9.0.6926 SP-3
n - Media Player Classic 6.4.8.4
n - X-Chat 2.4.1
n - ThumbsPlus 4.50-R
n - foobar2000 0.8.3
y - MicroPlanet Gravity 2.60b
n - command prompt
y - Terminus, TerminusPoint Edition 0.04

Excel's can be disabled with the command prompt switch /e, Terminus is a
game with an intro FMV (which can be interrupted).  So, only one of my
ten most frequently-used programs has an unavoidable splash screen.

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean