POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : No IRTC site activity - Cause for concern? : Re: No IRTC site activity - Cause for concern? Server Time
3 May 2024 14:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No IRTC site activity - Cause for concern?
From: St
Date: 21 Sep 2005 13:25:01
Message: <4331976d@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] spamcom> wrote in message news:43318c0d@news.povray.org...
> St. wrote:
>> "Mike the Elder" <zer### [at] wyanorg> wrote in message
>>
>>   Yeah, I thought as much - thanks Mike.
>>
>>    For Bill:
>>
>>    Hey Bill, I'd like to help - just point me in the right direction
>> and let's get this thing even better. It's worth it.
>
> I'd be willing to help too, although not sure what I could contribute.
> I'm
> no expert with html or scripts etc but I've got a bit of experience and
> free
> time / bandwidth.  What I don't understand is the huge delays when
> everything seems to be fairly automated.  Why can't I start on my next
> piece
> the moment the deadline has passed and the new topic (should be)
> announced?
> Also, there is no reason why viewing/voting shouldn't be available right
> after the deadline has passed.  There should be no need for human
> interaction.
>
> It appears there are a lot of people who are willing to help make this
> site
> better, we just need one person to take lead and start to organise things.
> There are loads of people in p.o-t who seem skilled enough to help out
> should we get stuck/need advice.

   Scott/all...

     This was posted on the IRTC mailing list a couple of days ago in reply
to my post there...

>     Some of us povers have posted messages in irtc.stills offering to
> help out with the IRTC.
>
>     Is this possible? I'd like to help in some way if I can.

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Thanks for the offer(s) of help.

Strange as it may seem, I don't think we really need help.  Help implies
that someone has to manage the helpers and none of us is up to that.  We
have a set of things we each do.  These things are not that hard for us,
but they are a little technical and specialized.  Setting it up so someone
else could do a part of it would be more work than it's worth.

Personally, I've decided to step down as an IRTC admin.  I'm hoping to
train a replacement soon.  I suspect this can be done fairly easily without
any apparent disruptions.

-bill

  So, it seems things are getting sorted out. It seems a bit more
complicated than I first thought, but I was looking more at processing some
images rather than anything computer heavy.

    Anyway, there ya go...

    ~Steve~