POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : GLP v0.9a : Re: GLP v0.9a Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GLP v0.9a
From: David Curtis
Date: 20 Sep 2005 06:26:49
Message: <432fe3e9$1@news.povray.org>
"Skip Talbot" <Ski### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
>I gave this patch a go and one feature that I liked was the update camera
>option on the opengl window.  This would be useful for tweaking your camera
>placement in real time, instead of running render after render of trials.
>You could add the movement of objects and lights, but then you are probably
>rebuilding Moray.
>
> Isn't it customary to name a patch executable something other than
> pvengine?  That way people aren't overwriting their original pov engine or
> having to rename it themselves.
>
> Its looking good so far David.  I'm sure you will have more believers as
> you add features and complete this project.
>
> Skip

Thanks Skip for your kind comments. Really I made it to reduce
some of the trial and error(tweak, render, re-tweak, ...) stage of making
a scene in SDL(which I love to use).

I added the transform option only because it was relatively easy to
implement.
I'm not sure it has much use either.

Once I decide on a export format that will be the next feature.
Any ideas on which format to use ?

Thanks again,
Dave.