POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Question regarding bounding boxes : Re: Question regarding bounding boxes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question regarding bounding boxes
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 16 Sep 2005 16:28:01
Message: <432b2ad1$1@news.povray.org>
> Is this to be expected, or does it hint at possible bugs in POV-Ray's
> automatic bounding box generation? Thanks. :)

As far as I know, that scene used a lot of CSG and blobs and such.
Especially CSG is hard to bound automatically. It's not really a bug, but a
known draw-back of using bounding boxes. This has become a much larger issue
lately, now that PC's can handle a lot more than in the early days, and
bounding boxes aren't always efficient in terms of actually bounding an
object (as mentioned above, especially when lots of CSG is involved). Have
you tried +ud in the commandline? If I'm not mistaken, that shows the
bounding boxes, and you could have a look at the troubles for yourself. :-)

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>