POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoVEarth Project : Re: PoVEarth Project Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:32:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVEarth Project
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Sep 2005 04:12:35
Message: <432689f3@news.povray.org>

I like the idea very much as I have played also somewhat with the GTOPO30,
and the NASA DEM data. My personal interest is the Iberian Peninsula by the
way (oh! maybe Deception Island too, which I visited, 20 years ago...).
It is a project with ambition. I think that I would need another PC anyway
for better data crunching (something I am thinking about seriously)... and a
lot of theoretical help too. I am really a lay person in this matter. Time
would not be a problem, though.
I am tempted to contribute...

Thomas