POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Animation Flicker (675KB) : Re: Animation Flicker (675KB) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Flicker (675KB)
From: Thies Heidecke
Date: 12 Sep 2005 12:33:35
Message: <4325addf$1@news.povray.org>
"NumbC" <ach### [at] gm-productionsbiz> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi all,
>
> After having taken my first little steps in setting up a few scenes, I
> tried
> animating one of them. But when putting the animation together the light
> on
> the floor is flickering.
>
> Anyone got an idea how I can get rid of this effect. I don't use jitter,
> actually there is no light in the scene at all.
>
> Any ideas?
You should increase the 'count'-value in your radiosity settings. Radiosity
artifacts are much easier to see in animations than in still images, because
the sampling directions differ slightly from frame to frame which means that
you need higher sample counts for animations than for still images.

> NumbC
Thies