POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Planting Method : Re: New Planting Method Server Time
2 May 2024 19:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Planting Method
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 11 Sep 2005 05:51:05
Message: <4323fe09@news.povray.org>
> What exactly gets slow?  Everything (placing the trees of course,
> parsing the generated trees, rendering) should be roughly proportional
> to the number of objects (rendering even faster) as long as you don't
> exceed memory.

I think it's a combination of all this. Perhaps I find an easy way to try
out.
In this case about 10 % of an area is populated which is defined by the
camera field of view and found maximum distance.
I include an image from above with land is white and trees are red.

> And of course parsing such a file will take some time.  You might be
> able to improve this by storing the numbers with different accuracy
> (normal vectors usually do not require a lot of decimal places).  And
> when you position objects you should not use macros, better calculate a
> matrix and write it to the file.

This is an excellent idea, but how can I make this?
Times I worked with matrices are 17 years ago.
Usually I need a scale operation (should be different in all three axes),
three consecutive rotations around y, x and y again and a translation at the
end.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Tree_Logo_abovecK.png' (65 KB)

Preview of image 'Tree_Logo_abovecK.png'
Tree_Logo_abovecK.png