POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Images and memory usage? : Re: Images and memory usage? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:31:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Images and memory usage?
From: Warp
Date: 10 Sep 2005 23:44:27
Message: <4323a81b@news.povray.org>
Tom York <alp### [at] zubenelgenubi34spcom> wrote:
> Is there a way around this, preferably using the SDL?

  Actually I'm not sure if it's possible at all.

  You could try, however, to see what happens if you #declare your pigment
as an identifier and then use it in a pigment function. I haven't actually
tried if POV-Ray copies the image data for the pigment function or not.
  It it doesn't then you can use the declared pigment as the pigment of
your object and the function as a pattern in your normal block (with
something like normal { function { TheImage(x,y,z).gray } ... }).

--
                                                          - Warp