POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Open Leveller : Re: Open Leveller Server Time
4 May 2024 23:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open Leveller
From: Ray Gardener
Date: 10 Sep 2005 17:10:59
Message: <43234be3@news.povray.org>
Daniel Hulme wrote:
  > Well, how big is your user base in relation to 10,000?

I'm not at liberty to discuss internal business data while the products
are closed source, but I would say the numbers don't have a huge delta.

The 10,000 figure is arbitrary anyway -- one could just as easily say
5,000 and $40 per would still be well within their means. A few
corporate sponsers could easily reach the target without breaking a sweat.

The full user base of an open version is also different. There's more
problem domains being solved, hence a wider audience.

Ray