POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : benchmark 2.0 from command line? : Re: benchmark 2.0 from command line? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: benchmark 2.0 from command line?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 9 Sep 2005 14:51:26
Message: <4321d9ae$1@news.povray.org>
Chuck Y wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how I can launch povray 3.7 beta 8, render
> benchmark 2.0 and exit--all using command-line options?

I assume you want to automate this to run it on more than one system?
Please note that it is not recommended to use any beta version of POV-Ray
for benchmarking (unless someone from the POV-Team specifically prepared a
beta version for benchmarking by making sure it operates as good as can be
expected from a beta version).  Beta versions are not always optimised to
make use of all optimisations available for specific processors.  Further,
bugs may cause incorrect results for the benchmark to be reported.

I strongly recommend you use POV-Ray 3.6 to do any benchmarking you need to
do!  Use the special command-line options as outlined in the documentation
(i.e. see online doc <http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/603/>)
in order to control POV-Ray for Windows.

	Thorsten Froehlich, POV-Team