POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Best hardware to buy : Re: Best hardware to buy Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Best hardware to buy
From: Rick Measham
Date: 8 Sep 2005 07:16:45
Message: <43201d9d$1@news.povray.org>

Christoph Hormann wrote:
> You should note that 3.7 is not ready for production use at the moment.

Nor is my new system .. but 3.7 will be ready one day, and so will my
new system

>    And it is not necessarily that a multiprocessor system will give you
> a better performace/price ratio.

I'm not even thinking about price at the moment, just trying to get the
best specs.

> http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/miscQandT.html#3dcard

Thanks Christoph, from that link it looks like getting a good FPU is the
next key thing to be looking at after CPU (Memory being a given)

Cheers!
Rick Measham