POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for a fiddle : Re: looking for a fiddle Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:34:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking for a fiddle
From: FlyerX
Date: 6 Sep 2005 15:58:28
Message: <431df4e4$1@news.povray.org>
Barehunter wrote:
> I am looking for a fiddle/violin object to make a fiddler on the roof gag
> pic. I already tried the pov objects collection website. has anyone made
> such? worse case scenario, I can throw an image map on a box but I dont
> really want to do that.

The Lightwave group has a violin 3D mesh in the mesh of the month
archive (April 2003). You will need a free login to get it. Then you can
use PoseRay to convert it to a POV-Ray mesh.

The mesh should be subdivided in PoseRay before rendering to get the
best results.

Lightwave group: http://www.lwg3d.org/v3/mom.php?id=11
PoseRay: http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/

later,