POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.2.1 released : Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 released Server Time
14 May 2024 14:38:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 released
From: Willem
Date: 6 Sep 2005 14:36:15
Message: <431de19f$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> This is an unofficial version compiled by:
>  Willem

> To sum it up: you are running a patched, self compiled version.  That
> makes it even more unlikely that there is anything wrong with the
> original code that causes your problems.
HoHo Cristoph,

According to "your" Linux Configure script, I have to run
# ./Configure COMPILED_BY="Your_Name"
in order to create the standard Makefile. So nothing
"patched", just the usual, "Trust no-one, compile yourself"
Gentoo Linux Box.

I only use self-compiled povray versions for over 15 (?)
years now, so the art of compiling is not new to me.

What version of GCC did you use by-the-way ?

I will be silent for the next days, using various
GCC versions & kernel versions & Cristoph-compiled versions
of MegaPov.

Happy tracing !!!

Willem