POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.2.1 released : Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 released Server Time
14 May 2024 01:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 released
From: Willem
Date: 6 Sep 2005 12:08:02
Message: <431dbee2$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> This is not the complete text output from POV-Ray,
I know. I do not want to post 1000+ lines of output
in a newsgroup....
 http://www.xs4all.nl/~wwdwilde/Pics/cube.log

> This does not make much sense, esp. not in the 8th frame of an
> animation.  The previous frames must have parsed without problems so
> either the functions.inc file got messed with after frame 7 or you have
> some really serious trouble with your system (there isn't any reference
> to 'internal(-1)' in the normal functions.inc).
My system is quite stable, I can leave a batches of video's
te be transformed on friday evening and they very well
transcode over the weekend.The only (!!) program
in 2005 giving me trouble is MegaPov 1.2.1......so
lets concentrate on megaPov, not my fairly standard
Gentoo Linux Box.

I am more thinking in the direction of memory corruption
and/or pointer errors.

> BTW /usr/share/povray-3.6/include/ is a nonstandard location for
> functions.inc, the standard is /usr/local/share/povray-3.6/include/.
I know, but the package maintainer for Gentoo Linux changed it
to /usr/share.

I'll let the animation re-run, on a clean machine, as a normal user,
without X started. I'll post my findings later tonight.

If that fails too, I'll boot a Knoppix CD and try to run it again,
so we really know whether it is my system or not :)