POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Round_Box with multiple Radii : Re: Round_Box with multiple Radii Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:35:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Round_Box with multiple Radii
From: Rick Measham
Date: 31 Aug 2005 20:41:29
Message: <43164e39$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Which is why you don't use spheres...

Exactly! Scott, your drawings don't quite exhibit what I want, but
they're on the way .. you have varying radius on each edge, I'm looking
for something that has an even radius ALONG each edge, but a different
radius on each edge.

> See attachment for adding various rounds to a box, the sides stay plane, but
> there are all sorts of weird transitions.  FWIW there are many different
> transitions to choose from, I guess each offering a different level of
> continuity.

I had thought of making the corner just be an intersection of the three
cylinders, but I wanted a smoother transition :)

Cheers!
Rick Measham