POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Help, Preview_File_Size or Why is it so blocky... : Re: Help, Preview_File_Size or Why is it so blocky... Server Time
2 Jun 2024 03:44:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help, Preview_File_Size or Why is it so blocky...
From: Alain
Date: 30 Aug 2005 19:20:56
Message: <4314e9d8$1@news.povray.org>
Fred Smith nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-08-29 23:14:
> Sometimes POV files render 1 line (or one pixel) at a time. Other times they
> render in what I think is called mosaic preview mode. This seems to run much
> slower, but I can't find out how to turn it off. Is there a command I can
> put in the POVRAY.INI file to make sure it always renders one line (one
> pixel) at a time? or do I have to modify the .POV file or the includes or
> some obscure menu item. I am using POV-Ray 3.6 and I spent the last hour
> looking for the answer to this simple question in the help files and online.
> Thanks to any kind soul who will post the answer to this. Fred
> (Yes I'm running windoze)

If the scene is not your's, check the code. You will see that is contain a
radiosity{...} block. The
mosaic "preview" is in fact the pretrace step used to gather preleminary radiosity
samples. Once
that phase is completed, the "regular" render start a line at a time.
For non-radiosity, that pretrace step is not needed, so, you don't see the mosaic.
You can force the mosaic preview if you wish by using a command line switch like:
+SP<value> +EP<value>

Look in the documentation entry 3.1.2.3.4 Mosaic Preview.

Alain