POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 35.43in x 59.05in image size : Re: 35.43in x 59.05in image size Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 35.43in x 59.05in image size
From: Sebastian H
Date: 26 Aug 2005 17:14:17
Message: <430f8629$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Sebastian H. wrote:
>

>> But that's not the point here.
>> I got the impression some answers in this group are sometime a
>> bit too sophistivated to help new user with a concrete problem
>> [e.g. Uneven scaling thread].
>

> I think you should bear in mind two things:
>
> - an answer that exceeds what the original poster was asking for isn't
> bad - others are reading things as well and might have use for a more
> elaborate answer.
>
> - it is not always clear from the question what the poster needs and you
> often can't assume the poster really whats to know what he asks for (the
> famous 'is it possible to...?'-questions for example) - see:

> Christoph

Thanks for the link.

Go for it...

I agree with what you said.
I remebered the mentioned case because I just had to smile
while reading the thread.
It was a situation where a newbie asks a question which
ends up in two pros walking away having a nice discussion
and the newbie stands with his two half-spheres in his
hands and a big questionmark above his head how to shape
them more like Go pieces.
After all he got no concrete help (I can't blame, I didn't
help by myself).
This is the impression that left about the mentioned thread.

Sebastian