POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Specifying ppi : Re: Specifying ppi Server Time
2 Jun 2024 01:43:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Specifying ppi
From: Jim Charter
Date: 25 Aug 2005 15:14:22
Message: <430e188e$1@news.povray.org>
Markk wrote:
> I am a very new user to POVRAY.
>
> I have rendered and saved my image as an uncompressed Targa file. The image
> looks great, but it is only 72 ppi. Is there a way to set the ppi during
> rendering in POVRAY? How do people generete publication quality images with
> POVRAY???

Don't you want to render your image at a higher resolution?  An
Photoshop will allow you to change the ppi under
Image->ImageSize | Resolution
but all that it is doing is resizing the image to a larger resolution,
using, I guess, some mode of interpolation.  But it really is not
increasing the amount of information beyond what was in the original
image.  I suspect the new resolution it chooses relates to the 133 lines
per inch standard of commercial printing?