POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Two Dimensional Works : Re: Two Dimensional Works Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two Dimensional Works
From: Jim Charter
Date: 19 Aug 2005 10:31:32
Message: <4305ed44$1@news.povray.org>
Estevan Carlos wrote:

> Also, are there methods of constructing generative works with povray or am I
> way off with these noob questions?  Thanks.

Perhaps by "generative works" you mean, for example, something like
taking digitally recorded sound and using it as a basis for making
animated color patterns?

If so, POV-Ray's scripted interface is one of it's most important
features.  But how you generate the script is up to you.  POV-Ray's
Scene Description Language is a complete programming language, and is
often used to generate itself, but I expect that it is equally common to
use another external language to generate SDL.  One reason would the
relatively weak ability of SDL when reading in data files.