POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Linux framebuffer patch version 0.3 released : Re: Linux framebuffer patch version 0.3 released Server Time
15 May 2024 21:34:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux framebuffer patch version 0.3 released
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 18 Aug 2005 15:45:09
Message: <4304e545@news.povray.org>
> You can have any number of internal
> background patterns and the user has easy access to them without need to
> handle a separate file for each of them.

	I still don't quite understand how this would work from the user
standpoint (I'll look later at how imagemagick does) i.e. how the user
tell povray to use whatever image or pattern.
	Well probably too much coding of color bitmasks these last days...

> The background image
> reading/generation would be in the general code (in unix.cpp)

	This is something I already wanted to do, so at least I agree
to this point  ;-)

	- NC