POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pole/zero plot [~50k] : Re: Pole/zero plot [~50k] Server Time
7 May 2024 17:32:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pole/zero plot [~50k]
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 14 Aug 2005 10:22:16
Message: <42ff5398$1@news.povray.org>
>> This took a supprisingly long time to render... not entirely sure why.
>>
> Isosurface with prety big gradients = slow.

Well, yes... POV-Ray wanted me to use max_gradient 2860 or something.
But I actually used 120, which seems to work perfectly. (Clearly the
steepest part of the function is nowhere near the surface...)

I imagine the poles create the high gradient...

(Note that this is actually the *logarithm* of the transfer function, if
you want to be technical about it.)