POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Rolling (MPG1, 382kb) : Rolling (MPG1, 382kb) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:30:13 EDT (-0400)
  Rolling (MPG1, 382kb)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 5 Aug 2005 15:18:06
Message: <42f3bb6e@news.povray.org>
Hi all!

I've got a little spare time at my hands and am toying with the idea of
making another short. I want to take it one step at a time. Last time I
animated non-animated objects (a jet and a flying saucer, no moving parts,
really), this time I want to take it a small step ahead and do some moving
parts. As is a must for quick and efficient workflow, things should work and
animate by itself.

Thus I present my first step: a small set of macros to animate, yep, rolling
balls. It's still a WIP, but basically, they are supposed to get a starting
position, then you feed them a new position for every frame, and the macros
take care of calculating the rolling (how much along which axis) and keeping
track of everything.

AFAIK, Rune did something like this in a AI-POV-Game of his years ahead of
me, but as always, I do things myself, easier to customize (and good for
learning efforts). :-)

If it isn't expected, the heroes of my next short will move about on balls,
how exactly I don't know yet. ;-)

Regards,
Tim

--