POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crash causes irritating I/O problem. : Re: Crash causes irritating I/O problem. Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:32:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash causes irritating I/O problem.
From: St
Date: 30 Jul 2005 03:28:05
Message: <42eb2c05@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omniverse@charter%net> wrote in message
news:42eb233f$1@news.povray.org...
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:42eb128c@news.povray.org...
>>
>> when clicking on 'pvengine.ini':
>>
>>     "Command line processing error:
>>
>>    Only /Edit and /Render may be passed to the previous instance."
>>
>>    Clicking on pvengine.ini opens PovRay, and then I get the above error.
>>
>>    I'm thinking this is an 'association' thing?
>>
>>    (Wow! Update: It must be. I've just clicked on unrelated *.ini files
>> and PoV wants to open them all!)

       AND it would do the same with *.inc files too! Very strange.

>>     Thanks for your help Bob, any ideas as to what to do now?
>
> Um... mine opens into Notepad here, Steve.
>
> I chose this way long ago to open these kinds of files but I've forgotten
> if POV sets up to do so.

> I tried switching the opening program over to POV (3.6.1 here) and it does
> open it into the editor okay, no errors.
>
> You could go into My Computer (or Explorer) menu Tools...

> Far as ideas, guess that's all I can say.

    No, you've helped a big deal Bob, thanks. I've now got *.ini's and
*.inc's opening in notepad, and not PoV. The I/O box has disappeared too. :)

      Very strange though. I can promise you that I didn't change anything
before or after the crash and I'm sure *ini's and *.inc's used to open in
notepad anyway. Yes, positive about that.

    Oh, and when I checked pvengine.ini, it showed "IO restrictions=2",
which I changed to '0'. Hmm...

    Thanks again. :o)

     ~Steve~